Thursday, January 17, 2008

Two Pink Lines

So I've not checked in in a while. That's not been a function of my having had nothing to say. Quite the contrary. It's more a function of my desire not to spill the beans.

But I'm far enough along now that I guess I can post it for anyone who might happen across this page to see.

I'm pregnant. Due July 11th of this year. It'll be our first child.

On November 3, 2007 -- which I can't believe is already more than two months ago -- I took a pregnancy test. We'd only been "trying," if you can call it that (it was more like not actively doing anything to prevent conception than charting and taking temperatures and all that jazz), for a little under a month. I'd been dizzy and lightheaded for the better part of the previous week, and that wasn't typical. Figuring I'd get a negative test and that that would confirm that I was just on a 30-day schedule instead of my previous 28-days-like-clockwork one, I decided it made sense to stop all musings re: impending Mommyhood out of my head.

The test was positive. Two more tests later that day clinched it. But that first test -- with its two, rather than one, pink lines -- confirmed that I was pregnant.

Nothing will ever be the same.

1 comment:

tsar said...

hey Valerie,

Congrats to you and your husband!

[btw, it's Zarin from B'98. :o)]